Songs that Remind me of My Break-Ups with My Exes

I wanted to post this, because I came across DMX's song Hows It Going Down. A song I loved as a freshman in high school but didn't quite understand till I just watched a few weeks ago. And it truly really spoke to me for the first time, especially the last verse.

"But you belonged to Cuz, couldn't belong to me
You had two kids by this nigga, it was wrong for me
But we gon' always be, best of friends
haha
Mad love, Boo, to the end
haha"

Ahhh Savvy Sav. I miss you and think about that turbulent Summer of Love all the time.

I woulda loved to have been the Satre to your Beauvoir, but I'll be here for you, no matter what circles you run with.




The Tonight Tonight Cover by Passion Pit

Was listening to this as I was yelling on the phone with you and how it was the end of any friendship we could've had. We haven't talked in a long time, a major disruption to seeing and talking to each other every day for a year.

This is a particularly forward-looking song, which makes me wonder where we'll be in 20 years and what we'd say to each other.



See-Paws

Well, we didn't quite break up on this song. I still talk to you, you're a homey now, even though I barely see you, whatevs, but we were all so dramatic 10 years ago. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment